Monday, March 30, 2009

Matt Palmer's Farewell!!

Ok.. so another long but incredible day! The entire time at work yesterday was just torture with these blisters on my feet. I had like 3 customers ask what was wrong with me.. they really do hurt like crazy. As soon as I was off work I went back to my place and got a quick bag together and I was off to West Valley. I was a little worried when I realized I didn’t have directions to my grandma’s house in my car and I couldn’t exactly call Melanie for directions cause her phone was dead and she was watching the Utah Symphony. With a little bit of Bill’s help and a faded memory of the area I found my way there. I beat Melanie by a half hour.. but I was totally ok with it. I went inside and Grammy fed me some food which was highly needed.. I hadn’t eaten anything since the Relay. Melanie got home and we went to bed soon after.. we had a long drive the next morning and I, at this point, was functioning on only a couple of hours of sleep in a 36hr time period or so. We woke up early this morning and spent some time getting ready and ate some breakfast.. we were off to Richfield by 8:30. The wind was blowing like crazy the entire time! We did enjoy all the tumble weeds as we got further south. We got to Matt’s place at about 10:30. It was so so good to see him!! I love Matt so much! He is defiantly one of my most favorite people ever! We practiced our song we were singing in church.. I was a bit worried at first but when we got all 8 of us practicing, it sounded great and I did enjoy singing soprano for once instead of alto. Matt’s talk on the Atonement was amazing! Im going to miss him so much! After Sacrament Meeting we all went over to Matt’s and ate food. So so good!!! I didn’t want to stop eating.. everything was so good. There were about 50 or so people there. I was surprised Matt’s house fit that many people. Melanie and I stuck around till around 6:00 after the crowd had slowly dispersed. I was happy to have Matt to ourselves for a good couple of hours before we left. It started snowing outside and when I looked over at the tv and saw this storm up in Idaho and the news guy said Northern Utah was going to get hit in 3 to 6 hours.. we thought it best to leave since my drive was about a 4 1/2 hr drive. I got my hug from Matt! Im really going to miss his hugs so much, but like everyone always says.. the Lord needs him Omaha, Nebraska. Overall the drive was a good one. We had two good adventures finding my friends Kim’s house and Greg’s house but all went well. We left Melanie in West Valley and Greg, Kim, and I headed the rest of the way to Logan. The weather got worse and worse as we headed north!! The canyon was horrible!! We lucked out and got behind a diesel truck.. if it weren’t for the truck I would’ve pulled off and waited it out. All the way through the canyon we were traveling at about 15mph so it took much much longer to get back to Logan but we made it back safe. And now?.. im back to my cold room. But all is good! I had a good day! It was totally worth the drive to see Matt before he leaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment