Thursday, March 5, 2009
interesting night?..
Alright, so ive been at work all day long pretty much starving myself. I really need to get the hang of grabbing a bite to eat before I head to work. Anyway, beyond the point.. after work I went straight over to Bills to both, eat his pizza and to save him from Malena, a friend of ours who was being a bit of a hindrance to him. The pizza was very good by the way. I was at Bills for only an hour or less. The entire time she was really off her rocker. It wasnt long before I got tired of her ignoring her phone which was going off, what seemed like, every couple of minutes. Well?.. Malena needed a place to crash tonight and I, knowing the girls she was wanting to crash with, offered her a ride to their place. We soon left Bills and during our short drive, Malena mentioned how she was planning on getting a job in Logan and moving up here.. i was a little confused at this point but I brushed it off. We got over to E1 at Old Farm just in time for scripture study. Right before scripture study began I over heard Malena talkin on the phone with her bishop.. I heard her bishop say to her "Malena, you need to come home. Your family is really worried about you" At this point a red flag shot up in my head. Something wasnt right.. we had scripture study with my friends and then after, as everyone was conversing with each other, I went over to her and asked her casually how she had gotten to Logan.. she said something along the lines of her cousin (who lived in davis/salt lake county) dropping her off. I knew something was wrong.. well?.. I needed to drop by Stephanie's and pick up some Relay for Life info. I decided Malena would be fine for the night. (a quick note.. my phone had died not long before this) I get over to Stephanie's just a couple of apartments away and I immediately started filling her in with what had just happen with Malena.. It was then Emma came in the room holding her phone out to me saying Bill needed to talk to me asap.. I got on the phone with Bill and learned that Malena was mentally unstable and the police were lookin for her. It turns out she had run away from home. The police had first contacted Bills parents in South Weber cause that was the number they had but soon after called him up on his cell number. (they had heard it through the grape vine that Malena was suppose to be spending time with him.) They certainly gave Bills mom a bit of a scare. Well?.. I took off to Bill to pick him up and bring him over to Old Farm apartments. We arrived at E1 and everyone was still talking and having a good time.. Malena was half asleep on he couch. Bill and I werent there long before there was a knock on the door. A police officer walked in with Malena's dad. Everyone in the room went quiet.. I couldnt believe how rude she was to both her dad and the officer.. especially with everyone there listening. It took them a bit but they were able to get Malena to go outside and talk with them. She came back in 10 or so minutes later. Bill and I stuck around a little longer but decided it was probably best we head out. We stopped by Stephanie's for a few minutes before heading back to my car. Bill made one last phone call to the police officer to see what was goin on and if there were anything else that could be done. Turns out that Malena and her dad had agreed on 45mins and he would be back to get her. It wasnt till I actually dropped Bill back off at his place that we learned that Malena had gone with her dad.. Yes, I would say it was an interesting night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





































0 comments:
Post a Comment