My 19 year old brother has been called to serve in the Manila Philippines Mission. He'll be entering the MTC on January 6th and he just had his farewell today. I couldn’t be more excited for him! Dj has always been my closest brother, and tho we’ve had our rough edges growing up like any other brother and sister, I’ve always been able to count on him. Dj can come across being a big rough protective brother who would beat up anyone who would cause harm to me but underneath his callused hands and his independent life style, he has one of the biggest and softest hearts. The work he does for his friends and family is so full of love. Dj will take an average piece of wood and turn it into something so beautiful and then just give his masterpiece away. I am so grateful for his example he has set for me. These next two years will be quite difficult not having him here but I am so excited to see him grow into more of a man than he already is. I wish I could be there to watch his huge heart poor out onto the Philipino people. He is giving his life to the Lord. =D Nothing else could make me happier. ps. I'll be managing a mission blog for Dj where ill be posting his emails and pictures he sends me from his mission. Check it out!.. Its pretty sweet! www.elderdjpalmer.blogspot.com
I am who I am. Simple, yet complicated. I love life and all it has to offer, good or bad. We were all put on this earth for a greater purpose. In life, there are no coincidences. We meet people for specific reasons and they leave imprints in our lives. Some so great and yet some so small; all will shape us. But it is so very important to remember it isn't our past that defines who we are or even the people meet.. it is the decisions we make.
0 comments:
Post a Comment