Friday, January 1, 2010
Unwanted New Year
I am so ready to POP! Gah!!! To start off, just as a disclaimer, I did have every intention on typing up a decent News Years post which consisted of being entirely positive and shooting forth for the New Year but seriously? After tonight, I remembered why I go to bed every year instead of staying up late with friends. I know, im lame, but New Years is just not my holiday and I like doing things a bit differently. I like to end the year the same way I end each and every day.. with my scriptures and a prayer. I like to crawl into bed and uncover the forgotten, still hot and glowing, embers of the past year and eventually fall asleep to my thoughts. My New Year never starts until I wake up early on January 1st and I look out the window and see the Sun.. the Dawn. I like being ready to face the world! I made the choice tonight to go chill with “friends” that I don’t necessarily know very well. I should stop myself now before I say anything I’ll regret, but next year?.. im going to bed at 10:00. For tonight tho, I am going to pretend as tho it didn't happen and I'm going to continue my New Years Eve as if it was still New Years Eve and do what I usually do.. just a bit late is all :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





































Oh Ember, I'm sorry it was such a stretch for you. I'm glad you could end the day on your own terms (or begin it by the looks of the time). Such an out of ordinary experience on a day that you didn't necessarily want to be out of the ordinary; that is admirable and growing, or at least reminding. I wish you a happy new year, then, on your own terms.
ReplyDelete