Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Christmas Story

It’s that time of year again! December has come with all the joys of Christmas. As Christmas draws nearer, so many memories have flooded back to me from when I was little. Every year our Christmas season started with my family finding a couple of Christmas trees on our very own Beaver Mountain for both my family and for my grandpa. I remember the eggnog and my dad singing along with the old Christmas songs. I remember my mom’s old paper nativity she put up every year and all the old ornaments we collected. Dj and I use to wake up in the early hours of Christmas morning and sneak through the house just to get a peak at the Christmas Tree and all the gifts that lay underneath it. I’ll never forget eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Grandpa Pat on Christmas morning knowing that his arrival meant opening the presents. I treasure those days in my heart.
The Christmas season is different now that I’ve been away from home for a while but no matter where I am it is still Christmas. Like always I started my Christmas season this year putting up my own tree about three weeks ago. My one roommate Jaelynn left for home today so I get to spend most of the holidays alone in this big apartment. I'm not to troubled by this but I am for the first time looking forward to the 5hr drive home on Christmas Eve but until then I have work to keep my occupied and a beautiful Christmas tree to keep me in the season. I absolutely love working at Hallmark! It truly is a season of giving. The older ladies come and go with smiles on their faces. Yesterday I had a little girl and boy in the store with their father looking for the perfect gift for their mother. I’ll never forget how excited the two children got when their father agreed to let them wrap it themselves at home. I absolutely love the look on a customer’s face when they first see that gift they’ve been looking for. And on top of all of this.. I love the stories I hear while I’m there. Everyone I meet in the store has their own little Christmas story to tell and they always tell it with so much joy and love. Tomorrow I plan on spending my day doing my own Christmas shopping for my family and friends. Hopefully I can bring the same joy to everyone I meet that my customers at Hallmark bring me every day.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your description of the season, your description of your customers. So much tradition everywhere, with everyone, even if it is to have no tradition. You can feel this season. Everyone can feel it.

    ReplyDelete