Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Hallmark Girls

The sun is out!! I wish I had the time today to just go sit out in the sun. But instead I have a good 7 hour day at work. Hallmark is taking over my life! I'm ok with that tho ;) A few months ago I would have been found complaining about Hallmark like it was the plague but now? that is not the case. To rewind a bit.. a couple of days ago turned out to be my good friend Evonne’s Birthday! Happy Birthday Evonne! Anyway, I was sitting in my front room with Matt telling him how much I love that girl and he popped out the question. “What makes Evonne so great?” I thought about it for a moment and came to the conclusion that one of the biggest reasons why I love her so much is because I am myself when I am with her. The half asleep Matt on the floor looked up at me and mumbled in confirmation of how important that is as if he just knew what I meant from personal experience. This triggered my thoughts and I began to think about those in my life that I can be myself around. I thought about Hyrum, Mark, Dj, Evonne, and I even thought of Bill but the first people that came to my mind were the girls I work with at Hallmark. We listen to each other’s stories and we share our happy days and our down days. Looking back in my life, I honestly can’t think of another group of girls who have influenced my life as much. I have a tendency to relax around guys more. My best friends have always been guys and its very uncommon for me to have such a group of girls in my life. I have been so blessed to have known these girls and I hope our friendships can go on past our days at Hallmark.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hallmark unity. What a fine work space for you. Ah! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all need friendsto talk to. and make things great :D it is soo true

    ReplyDelete