Monday, June 1, 2009

Sister Melanie Pehrson

Yesterday was a day of hugs! Well?.. for Melanie anyway lol. Melanie had her farewell! I am so happy for her! She is going to be one incredible missionary and Im looking forward to hearing all of her stories when she gets out to Arizona. Niels and I left quite early yesterday so we could make all the church meetings. Melanie’s talk was focused around her father. What an incredible man! Overall?.. it was a pretty darn good day minus a couple of tidbits here and there. The food was yummy and all the company was so much fun. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the people who have made such a difference in Melanie’s life. There weren’t many people from my side of the family there. Just Grammy, Stan, Uncle Dale, and Melanie’s immediate family, but of course, I was glad to see them all. Slowly the crowd began to disperse and Niels and I decided we had better be on our way. We gave our final hugs and goodbyes and were off back to Logan at about 2:00. Melanie is hoping to make one last trip to Logan this next Monday and I really really hope she can work out all the details. I would love to see her one more time before she leaves. Although Melanie has 4 sisters of her own, Melanie has always been the sister I have never had. We have so many years and years of stories together. Horse riding.. Sleeping bags.. cots.. shooting stars.. hours of talking that replaced the sleeping.. hiking.. dates.. Grammy’s house.. drama, the good and the bad.. granddad.. national parks.. friends.. Alton, in itself being one big story.. and so so many more which go on and on. I am so eternally gratefully to have Melanie as family. I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment