Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Provo
Choices.. good? better? is it the best? I made a very abrupt decision to leave for Provo late Saturday night. As I laid in my room listening to my roommates through the walls.. to the sound of life moving forward all around me.. my life stood still. My heart began to race and at that moment I made the decision.. I wasn’t running away from Logan or anyone particular. I needed to find a place where I could calm down and collect my thoughts. I needed a piece of home. As far away as Provo was, there remained the unconditional love of a friend from my high school years where I knew I was always welcome. I gathered my stuff and I was soon on my way. Tears swept over me as I drove south but when I first walked into Mackenzie’s place a wave of relief flooded inside me. I had never stepped a foot inside her apt before but I felt at home and even as soaked as I was.. I knew I was where I needed to be. The first night was pretty adventures. As I was carrying my things from my car to her apt.. a couple of guys distracted me by asking if I needed any help carrying all of my stuff and before I knew it, a couple steps later I was tumbling down, down and I found myself practically sitting waist deep in water. As cozy as the gutter was I jumped up grabbing my belongings, scared out of my shoes for my laptop and Billy Bear. The two guys rushed to my aid and helped me to the apartment. All of my belongings were drenched: my blanket, both of my pillows, Billy Bear :( , and my laptop. My backpack was the only saved item from the fall. And more importantly, I was happy to find my laptop had been saved by the laptop case. Kenz and I did as much cleaning up as we could and were off to bed as soon as possible. We stayed up late talking but it didn’t take long before the two of us drifted to sleep. Sunday, overall, was a really good day. I went to church with Kenz and listened to a couple of talks I really needed to hear. Throughout the day I met some pretty amazing people and probably had about 3 delicious dinners all made by handsome young men. We finished the night with good old fashioned Robin Hood (not exactly my favorite Disney movie but the good company made up for it.) And again.. Kenz and I stayed up late in bed talking about life. Monday was our sleep in day. We slept as late as 10:00 or so and we were up and getting ready for the day. My day began with a really good headache but being me I ignored it and Kenz and I were off to visit Marielle (Kenzie’s older sister) in whom I hadn’t seen in several years. Her daughter is defiantly one of the cutest little girls in the entire world! We spent a good amount of time just relaxing out on the grass in the sun. After a monstrous kids meal for dinner… we played some ultimate frisbee for FHE and met some more pretty cool people. Monday night was then spent playing good old scum with some of the people we played ultimate frisbee with. After returning back to Kenzie’s apt, the night didn’t exactly end on a good note. I laid in bed, with a headache which had grown to a nasty migraine, really hoping if going to Provo was the right choice. As fun and stress relieving as the weekend was I spent the majority of the time wondering about what I had left behind in Logan and worried for what I would find after going back. I didn’t leave Provo till a little after 1:00 today. I couldn’t be more grateful to Mackenzie for letting me crash on her as I did. I might not completely know if Provo was the best choice but I do know how much I needed that small piece of home and I am so grateful to Mackenzie for it. I ended up being a little late for work today due to being held up in traffic for about an hour because of a pretty bad accident on I-15 around the Salt Lake area. And now?.. after a long night of work, I ly in bed a little scared I never received my hug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





































0 comments:
Post a Comment