Monday, June 15, 2009

Netbook!/Slow Motion

Hey hey! Im back in Logan!!!! I Love Logan! Rewind time.. lots has happened since my last post so bare with me as I fill in on the last few days.

#1. 8.9” Acer Aspire One
I got a new laptop!! Or?.. I guess I should say Netbook. Super exciting huh!?! Friday was a day of suspense as I waited for the FedEx guy to show up. I freaked every time there was a knock on the door. He finally showed up at 3:30. The worst time imaginable. I had to leave for work at 3:45 and I needed those 15mins of extra time to get ready.. but instead I ran to my room and opened the box and found another box.. then another box.. before I reached my netbook. Shiny!! It also came with a mini mouse! I was sooo happy! All I got was a glance before I had to start dashing around the apartment grabbing stuff for work. Turned out I was only about 3 mins late. It wasn’t till after work that I was able to open the box again but at this point I handed my netbook over to Bill for him to “do his magic” It was a late night Friday and all I wanted to do was go to bed. Not only was I kill over dead tired but Bill and I had a long drive to Beaver the next morning I wasn’t exactly looking forward to it. I climbed into bed at about 1:30am and was out! I played a little on the netbook on the way south on Saturday morning but not much. Throughout the weekend my netbook just sat in my car unless we were showing it off to friends and family. It wasn’t till we got back to Logan last night that my netbook got a bit of a work out. And yet again?.. Bill was doing “his magic” What started out to be a 5 min project that consisted of putting more ram inside my netbook turned into a couple hour project taking the entire netbook part actually looking for the location of the ram. But after all was done.. I officially have a netbook computer and this morning I have had my first opportunity to play around with all of the cool buttons and seeing what I can do. It’s an 8.9” Acer. Im loving the size! Im still trying to get use to XP.. my hp laptop had vista and that’s really all I know. Bill was able to hack vista’s sidebar for me so I can still have my sidebar with xp. Super Happy! I love my sidebar! The only bother I have is the “backspace key” is in a slightly different spot and I keep hitting the “=” sign instead lol. Ill get use to it. The touch pad is also a bit different.. a lot small for one and it has zoom in and out actions and scroll actions all done with your fingers. Sometimes ill find my screen zooming in and I had no clue what I had just done. I got my case for it this morning and the case totally makes up for the boring black. I am for sure having a good time!.. and I cant wait to have it mastered!

#1 My New Netbook! #2 Bill Installing More Ram! #3 New w/ Old #4 My Old hp

#2. Back to Slow Motion
Bill and I went to my little home town on Saturday to set up a computer for my parents. I always call Beaver slow motion because every time I go home time just drags on and on and my little town of Beaver, UT feels like its sitting in a little time bubble where every 2 seconds is equal to 1 second. Cows and horses are everywhere and the streets are pretty much empty. The drive home was so long! I thought it would never end! We finally got there and Bill and I went straight to my parents. Bill took a good 5 to 6 hours setting up the computer he had built for them. When all was said and done the two of us took off to see Shannon across town! Happy! I love Shannon and I had really missed having her around. Alisha Melling (a good friend from High School) also came and chilled with us as we took Bill out to meet the cows. He decided cow’s arent very personable..lol. We hiked to the top of Shannon’s foothill and looked over the entire valley. After we made it back to Shannon’s we played some good old Apples to Apples with Shannon’s mom and little brother Preston. The four of us made a quick trip to Wendys for frostys after the game and it wasn’t till our drive back that I got a phone call from my mom freaking out that she couldn’t get the computer to turn on. Bill and I dropped Shan and Lish off and we headed back over to my place to Bill could fix the problem. It was a quick easy fix and we went back to Shannon’s and played some catchphrase. Fun! Later and later it got so we said out goodbyes to Lish and I crashed on the couch.. and Bill down in Kimbal’s old room. I was happy to see Heather the next morning and Im sure Bill was too.. he just cant remember Heather waking him up for a hug lol. Our trip north was a lot quicker than the drive to slow motion. We stopped in Provo to see Mackenzie!! I love that girl! Both Bill and Kenz have heard lots about each other up to this point and both were very excited to meet the one and only Bill/Mackenzie. Bill and I made it to South Weber just before 4:00 and ate dinner with Bill’s family. Good time and the food was delicious! And now?! Im so happy to be back in Logan!! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment