Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wind Caves w/ Justin

(Katie, Mandy, Ember)

Justin, a recent addition to Ember's world, will be writing today's post.

Today we decided to go on a hike. Take a moment to look at the picture. Aren't they cute? I thought so too. We went to the Wind Caves up Logan Canyon. Because it was such a last-minute decision, we were losing light fast, nevertheless I insisted on capturing the moment. So we took a break, they pretended to not be tired, and I snapped this picture.

I was kind of annoying the whole time, reminding everyone how dark it was getting. Fortunately the stars, with the help of our phones, lit our path home.

Seeing as I was the only boy (Man?) in the group, I led the way back down. In an attempt to be helpful, I shouted out various obstacles as I encountered them, such as rocks and...larger rocks. Each subsequent hiker was responsible for continuing my shouts in a never-ending chain culminating with Ember (the caboose). Mandy was faithful in echoing my shouts. Katie, on the other hand, often broke the chain, leaving Ember in grave danger. Plus everyone got kind of annoyed when they realized that rocks were absolutely everywhere.

We filled the time with various anecdotes from our lives, such as near-death experiences, broken bones, and other unforgettable moments.

Next time we'll combat the darkness by leaving in the wee hours of the morning to arrive at the caves by Dawn.

Justin

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ember :)

    I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog! It made me happy to see that your an avid blogger too! Whoot!

    But I just wanted to say - nice post Justin. :) Very well written. Haha. And Ember? You're a fabulous writer too!

    The picture captures a perfect moment! Sounds like you guys had an epic experience! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is pretty much the best ever! =D
    Thanks Jess

    ReplyDelete