Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A night with Hyrum

Alright so? Im back from a long absence lol. Sorry its been a while. As I mentioned earlier, I am still without a laptop charger. Im hoping itll get here soon.. from my understanding it left PA just yesterday. I guess its time for a short update..

Institute Choir just performed with Latter Day Voices this last week and it was incredible!!! Months and months of preparation paid off! We had our “Choirside” the Sunday before at the tabernacle where we sang our more difficult music and then we sang with Latter Day Voices on Thur & Fri. A couple of my favorites are “Spirit of a Child” “Abide With Me” and my all time favorite we sang this semester was “Spirit of God” My mom made the 5hr drive up to see the Spring show and surprisingly enough I enjoyed having her here. She bought me lots of food and we just chilled together which was really nice. I took her over to meet Bill after the show on Fri and?.. im goin to say it was rather interesting and leave it at that. I did give Bill a far warning tho lol. She left for home early afternoon on Saturday and I had Institute Graduation to sing at.. then basically spent the next day or so with Bill. Yes.. my life is rather boring. Things with me haven’t gotten much better. I wish I could say otherwise.. but I cant. Sunday was another horrible day.. especially Sunday night. I feel as tho my friends have just forgotten about me.. but whats worse is a part of me really doesn’t care and not caring always hurts the most. I found myself Sunday night just sitting in my car outside of Bills place.. it was freezing cold. Bill just kept telling me to go home.. I just couldn’t. I have several reasons that kept me from going back to my bed and most would say they were bad reasons but if you could have saw me that night you might have understood. While Bill was trying to get me to go home.. I was casually texting Hyrum. I haven’t said much about Hyrum and that’s a downer on me. Hyrum decided to come pick me up and just go for a drive. My phone had just died and before I knew it Hyrum was knocking on my car window. I opened the door and he just looked at me, in my pj shorts and flip flops. He gave me that questioning look of why I had been in my car for the last 4hrs in the frostbiting weather.. and then the question popped out of him. I didn’t give him a straight answer.. I didn’t know what to say. I probably just gave him the impression that I was crazy.. the same impression im sure I had given Bill. I slowly got out of my car.. I couldn’t feel my legs at all. Hyrum helped me over to his car.. i think I worried him some when he felt how week my legs were. Bill is so use to my legs giving out on me but he is the only one that knows they do.. ive kinda kept that small fact to myself. Well?.. to continue on.. Hyrum helped me back to his car and it turned out he had thrown some coats and blankets into the back of his car before he came which I believe was such a blessing from God.. Hyrum had no idea I would be freezing as I was. We drove a little bit and ended up parking at this place with a great view and the two of us just talked for a while.. about so much but mostly about the gospel. It calmed me down so much.. Hyrum said a lot of things I really needed to hear. After, we went and finished watching a movie with a few of his cello friends then he took me back to my car and I was soon back in my bed.
It was a long night and I know i upset Bill.. hes been very distant from me since Sunday. I dont think he knows how much i really worry about him. Hyrum was such a blessing.. and im so grateful he took the time to be with me that night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment