Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Origami Bouquet

Alright. So call me crazy but this morning I was working at Hallmark and my day started out just like any other day really. I was pricing a few things and before I knew it was happily interrupted by a customer. She was getting an early start on her Christmas shopping and bought a huge stack of ZuZu Pets. She asked me to wrap them all. I of course had no objections, but I seriously spent the next hour wrapping ZuZu Pets in Christmas paper. Now, obviously an hour gives me a lot of time to think and of all things, as I'm folding the paper, my mind wondered to origami. I have an origami flower in my room that a dear friend of mine made for me one week in church and at that moment I decide this summer I'm going to make myself an origami flower bouquet. Yes. Now is the time to call me crazy. But really! Wouldn't that be so awesome!! I would totally love to earn those bragging rights! haha. I'm way excited!

So, I have a secret. Ok so its not a secret if I'm typing it here but I truly haven't told hardly anyone. I haven't exactly been given flowers from a boy before. I do have a couple of exceptions tho.. I did get asked to my Jr Prom with a huge bouquet of roses but I don't like to count those because every girl and her shoes gets asked to their Jr Prom with a bouquet of roses. And my dear Matthew gave me a rose at his SigEp Banquet a while back but again.. it was a tradition and even tho I think its an awesome tradition and I still have his rose, I still feel like that day is yet to come.

Sorry.. that was a random tangent. But that to was one of the things that wondered into my mind in the gift wrap room at Hallmark. I guess you could call me a sentimental person. Anyone who knows me also knows my room is surrounded with nick nacks like Matthew's red rose and the yellow origami flower my friend made me in church. I even have a candle molded into the shape of a beautiful white rose that my brother gave me years ago. Almost every nick nack I own holds a special memory and I would love to add a bouquet of origami flowers to my small collection. My bouquet of course wouldn't look like this one but we'll see how it turns out. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment