Thursday, April 15, 2010

Independence vs Stubbornness

Hello. I'm still in bed. Yes, it's 8:40 and I'm still in bed. The sun came through the my window a while ago and woke me up but as of right now I still lack the strength to put my feet on the floor. I'm expecting to have a good day today. I don't have many plans but what difference should that make? I was driving home from work last night, thinking about how grateful I am to have my independent self back. I thought about that some more and came to the conclusion that I have always been independent and relying on others, for me, is more than just a sign of trust but a way I show how much I really do care and not necessarily a lack of independence. Sometimes tho, I confuse my independence with my stubbornness. I'm pretty sure I lost two of my good friends this week because I just had to be stubborn. But the question remains, what could I have done differently? Ive asked myself this so many times in the last couple of days. Usually I'm left with some sort of regret.. I should have said this or I shouldn't have said that but I honestly can only think of one change I would have liked to have made and I wonder if that change would have made any bit of a difference. I have a pretty clear idea of who I am and what I need to do to improve. So now the question is?.. Should I reach out to keep these two very important people in my life? Or should I just continue to live my life and just let them make that decision? I don't know who said this but Ive always liked the quote "God determines who walks into your life... YOU decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go." Its time for me to put my foot in the door and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. "...~Boldness~, but not overbearance" (Alma 38:12) Go Ember! Have the most wonderful time in that journey. These moments of powerful decision. How we craft our futures. Go you!

    ReplyDelete