Sunday, January 27, 2013

Catch Up

Now it’s been almost 7 months, so, this is my official “catch up” post. Prepare yourself for a long and rather boring post.

So what’s happened in the last 7 months? Well, good question.  I honestly don’t know where my time has gone. School has been nothing but stress stress stress! And it continues to be just as stressful, which is probably the main reason why haven’t spent time with my blog. I have had so many papers to write that writing for my blog has taken a back seat. Depressing right? I wish I could just say “Ill be better at posting” But, honestly, I have even more papers to write this semester than I did last semester so here I am saying “Ill try”

October 26th & 29th

Matthew and I are both a year older! Oh goodness, it’s sort of weird saying that but it’s true. I’m officially 24yrs old and Matt is 27.
My Birthday was pretty much awesome! Might I add that I personally had the best birthday that I have had in years! Well, probably the best birthday that I have had ever.  My day started out with my Abuse & Neglect class (which I absolutely loved!) and then I had a nice long shift at work before Matthew picked me up and took me to Olive Garden for dinner. This is where Matthew surprised me with a diamond necklace. He is such a sweatheart. After we ate our dinner (in which I spent the whole time admiring Matthew’s gift) I gave Matthew a choice. We could either go on a walk or go see a movie in theaters. He, of course, chose the movie even though he was quite sure that “Pitch Perfect” was going to turn out to be a chick flick. He soon proved himself wrong within the first couple of minutes of the movie. I haven’t heard Matt laugh like that in such a long time. After the show Matt exclaimed that “Pitch Perfect” was probably the best movie he had seen all year long. It was such a good day. I guess what made my day so great was the simplicity of it. I wish everyday could be like that.
For Matt’s birthday we drove down to his parents place, went out for dinner, and played some miniature golf. Fun stuff! Matt ate a whole lobster! Yeah, I’m not exactly a fish person but he loved it! On Matthew’s “actual” birthday on the 29th I took him out to Texas Road House here in Logan and had some steak before he left me for SigEp ritual stuff. He obviously didn’t mind since he loves his brothers so much. He couldn’t think of anywhere else he would rather be on his birthday, but the downside was that I only got to keep him for a couple of hours. It’s getting a bit harder for me to come up with gifts for Matthew but I eventually settled with a couple of 3DS games that he was wanting. He of course loved them. I can’t exactly speak for him but I hope he had a good birthday.

Thanksgiving

I spent Thanksgiving with Matthew’s family. The food was delicious! I just love Thanksgiving.  I feel bad but I don’t really have a whole lot to say about Thanksgiving. It was basically a day for me to wind down and relax. I needed the break from classes and it definitely did just that! We even played a few games of Wii with Matt’s sister and dad which was a lot of fun. Come to think of it? I don’t think I actually played with them but if you know me, you’ll know that I find it just as much fun to watch.

Christmas at Hallmark

I survived the Christmas season at Hallmark. I guess “survived” isn’t exactly the best term because of how much I love the Christmas season at Hallmark but it definitely was busy!  Truth, I sort of miss it now that it’s over, but now days I actually get to spend more than just couple of minutes with each customer so it’s a good trade off.

Christmas

Goodness, I really enjoyed Christmas. I was able to head home the Sunday before and spend a whole 2 days with my family. We went to St. George and did a little bit of last minute Christmas shopping beforehand, and I even got to spend some time with DJ, my little brother that’s attending Dixie State. I am officially depressed that he only pays 10 more dollars a month for his rent than I do and yet his apartment is twice the size. It’s just so unfair! Despite that, it really was a good time.
 I spent a good portion of Christmas Eve wrapping gifts over at my Grandpa’s house with my Dad and brother Zade, which was really enjoyable like always. I thought it was quite funny how they both refused to wrap any gifts at all. Goodness me, how silly is that?
Anyway, right after I finished wrapping everything up I decided to make my brother Cameron a duct tape wallet. Since he is only 15, all he really has to put into a wallet is his debit card, school ID, and maybe a little bit of cash, so, I decided a duct tape wallet was perfect. After picking up some black duct tape my dad helped me figure it out. Right when I was finishing up with Cameron’s wallet I ended up slicing my thumb open with my scissors. Don’t’ ask how I did that because it’s a pretty lame story, but gosh did it hurt! It took like 2 whole weeks to heal. At least I can say it was a darn good wallet!
Christmas was Christmas. There really isn’t any other way to describe it. It was actually kind of strange not having my grandpa there with us. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I miss him but he’ll always be remembered. My family got me a whole bunch of scarves and a couple of sweaters that I absolutely love! Matt’s parents got me some much needed new PJs that I have worn almost every day since, and Matt’s sister got me some matching hat, gloves, and scarf. Oh! And how could I possible forget, Matt got me a couple of books. He knows me so well! I love books! I caved and got him a gift certificate for one of his awesome yoyo’s. I wrapped it up with a quarter zip sweater that I personally think he looks great in. Overall, this last Christmas is one I won’t be forgetting anytime soon.

New Years (Les Misérables)

Matt and I were in a theater watching Les Misérables when the clock hit midnight. I know, not exactly the ideal place be on New Years Eve but Matthew and I had been looking forward to seeing Les Misérables for so long and New Years Eve was the first chance we had. Though, it was definitely worth our time!  Yes, there were a few songs that were a bit questionable but I definitely fill like the acting made up for it! Les Misérables has officially made my “to own” list.

Back in School

As of right now I am back to my life where papers pretty much take priority over everything. Not to mention, the negative temperatures of Logan, UT have really dampened my mood, though, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my good friend Matthew Palmer is in two of my class. Goodness has it really made a difference compared to last semester where I didn’t know anyone.  Also, Matt Palmer is one of those old friends I never truly got to know. I really hope this semester will change that.  I’ve always secretly looked up to him and he has always had a way of making my day better.  
Also, might I add, I am currently loving my Social Work 2100 class. I hate to admit this but I have never before looked forward to going to a class before this Social Work 2100 class.  It’s who I am and I have no doubt that being a Social Worker is my calling in life.

So yeah, that’s my life. At least the last 7 months of it - ish

0 comments:

Post a Comment