Thursday, July 5, 2012

All American


          Happy 4th of July!!  Well? Yesterday anyway. I spent the day with Matt and his Family down in Lehi. We started the day out at the Provo parade which was so much fun especially watching all the different marching bands.
          After the parade Matt, his sister Mashell, and I went to an American Freedom Festival. Despite the blazing sun it was really nice to spend some time outside for once.We walked around to all the different booths and got ourselves some freshly squeezed lemonade. So yummy! We played some Shut the Box and I got to quiz Matt on his knowledge of our nation. Both Matt and Mashell were pros! That's way more than I can say for myself but at least I could still name all 50 states in alphabetical order.
          We returned back to Lehi and as we were waiting for lunch to be prepared Matt and I played some Spot It. Such a great game despite my losing record. Lunch was delicious! Mashell did an amazing job with the meal and Matt's dad grilled the burgers to perfection! We had our burgers on Sour Dough bread which was so good! I never thought that such a small change would make that much of a difference.
          After lunch, Matt and I decided to take a quick dip in the pool. It was both Matt and I's first time in a pool all summer! I wish I could go swimming more. I really do love it more than words can say! We weren't out there for very long, no more than an hour or so. I ended falling asleep on the inflatable floating bed while Matt read his book to me. Isn't he so cute?!!
          We finished our day at the Bees Baseball Game down in Salt Lake. I brought my camera along and snapped a whole ton of pictures. Sadly I didn't get a good one with Matt and I. At the start of the game Matt bought the two of us some yummy ice-cream and it wasnt long before everyone else followed suit. Half way through the game Matt and I took a walk around to the other side of field to see if could find one of Matt friends from work and not only did we find him but we also ran into one of Matt's SigEp brothers. It was a nice surprise. After buying a hotdog for Matt we returned to the group and Matt got his All American Moment. Eating a hotdog, at a baseball game, on the 4th of July, wearing his USA shirt, with fireworks to follow. Im sad to report that we lost the game by one run but it was still an awesome game! When the game ended all 6 of us made our way down to the field to watch the fireworks. It really was a nice finish to a great 4th of July.

0 comments:

Post a Comment