Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jaxton Winslowe

Jaxton Winslowe is the newest member of my family. But first, I must pay a tribute to two wonderful dogs.


Bonnie. Must I say more. We got Bonnie when I was 9 years old and oh how I loved her so much! It's honestly strange to think of her as anything but a member of our family. Bonnie passed away from a stroke on May 14th just 3 days after her 14th birthday. She was a Border Collie mix and she was such a wonderful dog! I have very few childhood memories that didnt include Bonnie. She will be missed so much!

Choco. Choco was my Grandfathers dog. As we all know from one of my recent posts, my Grandpa just passed almost 2 months ago. Just after his passing my oldest brother Zade immediately took on the responsibility of taking care of Choco since we live so close to my grandpa's house. Choco was always such a good dog and its so hard to imagine Choco without thinking of my Grandpa right there next to him. Choco was about 6 months older than Bonnie and we just recently learned he was suffering from bone cancer. It wasnt long after that Choco broke his leg and we had no other choice but to put him down. Choco too will be missed but he wont be forgotten.
You wouldn't believe how jealous I am of my family! This last weekend Matthew and I picked Jaxton Winslowe up in Payson on our way down to Beaver. He had 4 other brothers and 1 sister. Jaxton has officially won the cutest puppy ever award! You wouldnt believe how smart he is either. Jaxton is a pure bred Beagle and oh boy does it show! Over the course of just the weekend Jaxton, being only 8 1/2 weeks old, was already fetching! We took Jaxton up onto Beaver Mountain to visit several of our lakes and goodness was he so full of energy and he followed his nose so well! By the end of the weekend Jaxton had Matt wrapped around his adorable paws. It was so unimaginably hard for both Matt and I to say goodbye to Jaxton but I promise it wont be goodbye forever. I personally cant wait to return to Beaver and see how much this little guy has grown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment