I love this man! My grandfather Patrick Matthew Lindsay passed away this morning somewhere around 6:30. Its still sorta hard for me to even think about the idea that he wont be there the next time I return home to Beaver. He was such a huge part of my family's life, living only a couple blocks away my entire life.
Yesterday evening I drove down to the Provo hospital to see him one last time. What a special experience. At first I was worried that all I would see is an old man in a hospital bed but no.. he was my Grandpa. He was so happy to see me! I will never forget how hard he squeezed onto my hand. I talked to him for a good hour or so. One thought that stands out in my mind was when one of the nurses came in to take off his air mask and give him a drink of water. Just before the nurse was about to put his air mask back on I told her how he had danced with me at my high school prom. She turned to him and grabbed him by his shirt and said "You danced with her at her prom!? What a good man! What a good man!" He smiled so big! That same big smile I've seen over a thousand times. He truly was such a good man! When it was abou
t time for me to go I told him how much I loved him and how much I wish I could give him a great big hug. His big blues eyes stared back at me and the way he was grasping onto both my hands said everything. He really didn't want me to leave. Again, I told him how much I loved him and that my mom and little brother Cameron would be there soon. I told him to get some rest and I said goodbye. :(
t time for me to go I told him how much I loved him and how much I wish I could give him a great big hug. His big blues eyes stared back at me and the way he was grasping onto both my hands said everything. He really didn't want me to leave. Again, I told him how much I loved him and that my mom and little brother Cameron would be there soon. I told him to get some rest and I said goodbye. :(Here is a little video clip I made of him a few months back. I caught him in the back bedroom tying some of his flies when I decided to pull out my phone. Sorry, its a bit shaky.
(fyi. be sure to look down to the black music bar at the bottom
of your screen and push pause on my music before pushing play)
Tuesday, August 16 2011





































Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Ember. I know how much you love him!
ReplyDelete