Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Wow time really does fly. I cant believe Thanksgiving is over and its time for the Christmas Season. But.. before I start talkin about Christmas I must put a word in for Thanksgiving. This year Matthew and I drove down together to the West Valley area. Matt took off to do his own things with his parents while I continued to my Grandma's house in West Valley. Saying goodbye to Matt was by far the worst part of my weekend but all turned out well I guess.

I arrived at Grammy's place at the same time as my Uncle Eric and his wife Joanne. Eric & Joanne were recently married a few years back and it makes me happy to see them together. All my life I haven't seen Eric as happy as he is now with Joanne. I went inside and said my hellos and before I knew it Eric slipped in this show call "Doc Martin" or something like that. It was pretty hilarious but as hilarious has it was I still ended up falling asleep towards the end of the episode. I had only gotten a couple of hours of sleep the night before and my body was begging me for some sleep.

I woke up pretty early the next morning to the rustles of the kitchen. Both Grammy and Joanne had gotten up early to prepare for our yummy meal. I couldn't drag myself out of bed to help them and I ended up falling back to sleep. I sorta felt bad but I really needed the sleep. When I finally woke myself up everything was pretty much done and Eric & Joanne brought in some of the Black Friday Ads for us to look through. Oh my goodness, talk about a huge pile of ads! Joanne was so organized and wrote down all of the small things they might want to get and what stores to find them at. It was so smart. For me? I searched for computers even though I was pretty sure I had no chance of getting anything worthwhile but I thought It wouldn't hurt right? Anyways, my parents showed up at about noonish just in time for our Thanksgiving meal. We had a small group this year, about nine of us, but I wasn't complaining. For once we were all able to fit around the table. The food was so delicious!! It was so nice to have everyone there and just make conversation. I absolutely loved it! After dinner we cleaned up and Skyped my aunt Leila living in New York. It was fun just sitting around updating her on all of our lives and what was going on. After talkin with Leila we engorged on PIE! Yum!! Pie has always been my most favorite part of our Thanksgiving Meal. I only had a couple of pieces but they were both so good! Then just wait for it.. wait for it.. we played a game of Hand and Foot!!! What is a day at Grammy's without playing a game of my most favorite card game of all time!?! I partnered up with Grandpa Stan the first game and the two of us slaughtered Grammy and Cameron. The second game we played Grammy bowed out and I partnered up with my dad, and Cameron and Stan took us on. The second game, my dad and I lost horribly but we really did give them a run for their money thats for sure. After playing Hand and Foot we all watched the movie "17 Miracles" in the front room before heading to bed. Such an incredible movie! Thanksgiving day turned out to be a pretty great day =)

The next morning I woke up at about 6:00am, a whole hour later than I had planned. I was so excited to go pick up Matt from his Parents place in Lehi. We stopped on our way back to West Valley to check on a computer I was thinking about getting but of course, they were all sold out. Apart of me was a little nervous to get back to my Grammys place with Matt. Grandpa Stan was talking about how excited he was to take Matt on with a game of Chess. Now, if you knew Stan you would completely understand. No one but the kids play Chess with Stan anymore because everyone knows they have absolutely no chance at all! Stan is by far the best Chess player I have ever known. Well, the moment Matthew and I walked in the door here came Stan around the corner all excited to play some hard core chess. Matt was so good about it and they sat down to play some chess together. I on the other hand.. all I could think about was how doomed Matt was. In my mind there was no way Matt could even come close to beating Stan but I was soon proven wrong. Towards the end of the game Stan was scratching his head and had a very worried look on his fce. Matthew definitely gave Stan a run for his money. Stan of course still won the game and the next two after that but I was totally amazed at how intense a game of chess could be. Two of those three games Stan could have easily lost to Matt by making one wrong move. All I can say was WOW. Maybe if My Matthew sticks around long enough I'll see the day when Stan loses a game of Chess =D

We also did a little bit of shopping that day with my family. I got a couple pairs of shoes and we made a quick trip to Costco before Matthew and I had to make the trip back up to Logan. Overall I had an awesome Thanksgiving with my family! Im already looking forward to next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment