Monday, February 23, 2009

A good day..


Ok.. so that was a rather long depressing post. Sorry about that..
Today was a much better day. I woke up early this morning at around 6:45. 20 minutes later I was in my car heading South toward West Jordan. I have officially decided Logan is showing absolutely no signs of global warming. I had to stop twice on my way out to scrape my window because the rain was freezing so fast. Anywho, it was a good drive.. i love to drive! Driving tends to relax me and it always helps me get my thoughts in order. I got to Evonne's at about 9:15 or so and I was pleasantly surprised when Evonne pulled out a Preach My Gospel book for me! Let me just say one thing.. I absolutely love Evonne!! She is such an amazing person! If it werent for her, I probably wouldnt had made it to the temple as often as I did here in Logan. She was always the one who woke up early and called in to reserve a spot. Not to mention, Evonne has always been there to listen to me ramble on and vent about things. I honestly dont know how she doesnt get annoyed with me but she doesnt.. she really is a great friend and I love her! Well?.. Evonne and I were soon off the the Draper Temple together. Gorgeous!! There are no words to describe it. When I got my first glimpse of the Celestial room, as I walked in.. I cant even describe it. The spirit flooded inside me and I had no desire to leave. I can tell you one thing.. the temple truly is the house of the Lord and He does dwell there. I spent the next few hours with Evonne.. we went back to her place and then found ourselves at the Mall just wondering around. Evonne had to work so we said our goodbyes at around 2:40 or so and I headed off to the UofU. I was able to grab some dinner with my most incredible cousin Melanie and her adorable friend Nick. It was so good to see Melanie.. we sat and talked about so much! Her papers are in and I can hardly wait till she gets her call!!.. I am so excited for her! After we were all full it was time for me to make the trip back to Logan.. again, another really good drive. I made it back to Logan in one piece at around 7:00 sometime and i immediately fell asleep on my bed and was awoken about an hour and a half later by the door bell. And guess who i found at my door!! My home teachers!! I absolutely love my home teachers!! I had forgotten they were planning on dropping by. I hadnt seen Neil since the blessing last Monday and it was so good to see Matt again. Both of them have such a tendency to make me smile on the worst of days. They listened to me jabber on for over an hour as I filled both of them in on the previous weeks events. I am so grateful for their concern for me.. I really look up to them both and couldnt ask for better home teachers and friends. It really has been a good day. So?.. now im sitting on my bed typing up this post and listening to Pandora. I have an early meeting tomorrow with Bill and the manager of the Fun Park so time for bed :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment